Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Ashes to beauty


Saying good bye to a dear friend today I saw the power of a life well lived. Connie James, a faithful servant was given a going away party as her friends an family remembered the moments and times that best described the moments of Connie's life that were well lived. Working with children and wondering how to more effectively display the love and wonder of Jesus. Passionately and relentlessly being a model of love, truth and grace.

I saw the tender balance of love, grace and truth most on the mission field. The tension of the desire to reach people by sharing moments of love and giving in compassion, and firmly correcting an American kid from our team in a moment of selfish indulgence. So often a scene so contrasted by the selfless giving of the Mexican Nationals and the other team members. Connie would always bring people to a place of "centering truth" - a truth that brings you back to yourself, an awakening. I learned from her as we all have, to be that factor of right perspective and grace. I still am learning and I am thankful for the insights to grace tempered by discipline that she taught me. So I know that Connie is now looking in the eyes of the most majestic being in all the universe. The One whose breath gives life and healing; takes away pain and makes us whole.

Grace and peace to you.

0 comments: